One of the most reputable retirement
communities in Virginia.
A Northside distinction: Westminster Canterbury Richmond was founded in 1971 by the Episcopal and Presbyterian churches and opened in 1975. Westminster Canterbury Richmond was the first among Richmond-area retirement communities to earn accreditation by the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (now CARF-CCAC), the independent authority that evaluates all aspects of a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC). We have held that distinction continuously since 1987. Fewer than 15% of all CCRCs in America have accreditation through CARF-CCAC.
What does that mean to you? You can live in a community that excels in service, financial stability, cultural vitality and spiritual life. You can have confidence in our not-for-profit philosophy, reinvesting all revenues into enhanced services for our residents. You can entrust your future to people who believe that everything they do is dedicated to helping you Live Life Well.
Westminster Canterbury has been named “One of America’s best” by New Choices Magazine and recognized with a host of awards for the many facets of our community.
- Best Retirement Community in Central Virginia – Virginia Living Magazine – 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013
- Best Continuing Care Community – Richmond Magazine –2014
- Westminster Canterbury Richmond Child Development Center – Best Child Care Program - Richmond Magazine –2014
- Best Assisted Living Community – Richmond Magazine – 2013
- 2011 NuStep Pinnacle National Award for Outstanding Wellness Program
- CARF/CCAC Accredited
- Accredited member of the Better Business Bureau of Central Virginia
Our Mission: As a faith-based charitable organization, we will provide services, specific to need, in a compassionate, professional, holistic manner, through an inspiring environment and dynamic leadership for our residents, employees and others we serve.
Click here to contact us online or call 1-800-445-9904 for more information.