A unique child care program.
A Child Development Center that comes with built-in grandparents.
Like you, we are interested in your child’s whole development. Our commitment is to provide you and your child - with the best in child care and education.
Our award-winning child care program consists of teachers with many years of experience and a proven curriculum. We also give your child access to an environment which offers a wealth of experiences that no other child care in Richmond can match. Our Child Development Center is located on Westminster Canterbury Richmond's gated 50 acre campus. Your child will put on productions in our 335-seat theater, explore our nature trail, plant vegetables in the Children’s Learning Garden and laugh at the antics of the ducks living on our pond.
The cornerstone of our Child Development Program at Westminster Canterbury Richmond is our Intergenerational Program, through which both children and our older adult residents share in activities that foster learning and joy. Our unique program enhances understanding between generations and creates opportunities for true bonds to be built, which research indicates is mutually beneficial for both the children and our residents.
To visit our Child Development Center in Richmond or for more information, Click here to contact us online or call 1-804-200-1176.
Bud’s Backyard Dedication
Thanks to the generosity of anonymous donors, our playground, now named Bud’s Backyard, was recently enhanced with new jungle gyms, swings, toys, bikes and more. Click here to view the video: https://animoto.com/play/Uv8ntoyM1hUfkQIv85oY1Q
"Our son is an active 4-year old. He loves to run, make loud noises and is 'very wiggly.' Something amazing happens when he is in art class. He focuses. He gets very quiet and concentrates on his art, taking great care in whatever he is creating at that moment."
- A secure, enriched learning environment structured to meet all aspects of growth and development.
- A curriculum (Teaching Strategies) which offers a solid foundation in language development gives children the skills they need to become successful learners
- Programming for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years
- An inclusion program for children with special needs
- Extracurricular activities such as art and music lessons, dance and summer camp
- Medical professionals on-site
- Meals planned by dieticians